Parasound Halo JC2 BP Two Channel Preamplifier
With the ever growing interest in home cinema/theatre and the desire not to compromise on sound quality, especially for those systems where the front left and right channels require to be used in high end home cinema systems with capability to have the best stereo reproduction also, Parasound evolved a brilliant product in the JC2 and created the JC2 BP.
Simply connect the JC 2 BP between your surround processor or receiver’s left and right channel line level output jacks and the input jacks on the power amplifier which drives your left and right front speakers. Your stereo analogue sources will connect to the JC 2 BP so you can listen to your favourite music without compromises to analogue purity that are inevitable when digital processing circuitry is in the same chassis.
When you want to watch movies with digital surround you can simply toggle the appropriate command (either via the remote control or via the units dedicated serial control port) and the left and right front channel signals from your surround processor or receiver will pass through the JC 2 BP as if it wasn’t even there. The JC2 BP enables anyone to enjoy the best of both worlds with perfect analogue stereo and a seamless transition to digital surround.
The JC 2 BP also lets you bypasses its master volume control and the left and right channel gain controls. Fixed resistors set the signal level at its output jacks for “unity gain.” This means the signal level at the JC 2 BP output jacks is exactly the same as the signal level at its input jacks so you won’t need to re-calibrate the speaker levels in your surround system. The adaptability of the JC 2 BP bypass function also let you operate with both its unbalanced and its balanced inputs and outputs.
The pedigree of this unit is unparalleled as it uses the exact same circuit design and topology of the JC2 pre-amplifier, meaning that it has only the best quality of components internally to ensure the purest of reproduction. Internally, clarity of thought in design and application is reproduced in the units 3/8" thick aluminium shielding around the audio boards (shielding prevents noise from power supplies & control circuits), and this is followed through with separate output jacks for simultaneous normal & non-inverting polarity - and it ultimately benefits vastly as well from the direct DC servo-coupled design - so there no capacitors in the signal path. The JC2 BP also benefits from a high capacity R-core audio power transformer & inductor, plus for extra linear performance it also features hyper-fast soft recovery audio bridge rectifiers diodes.
In terms of connectivity the JC2 BP has six pairs unbalanced RCA line-level audio input jacks - plus two input pairs can be switched to XLR balanced connectors, four 12v trigger output jacks feature for power amp auto turn-on (two 12v trigger jacks are switched by the remote handset and two 12v trigger jacks are live when the JC 2 is turned on), and the unit also boasts a great higher end integration feature - a dedicated two-way RS-232 serial port connection.
The JC2 BP is best option for any dedicated project that wants to bridge the multi-channel and two channel divide, without compromising sonic performance - and for those who want that expansive performance coupled with clever 'real world' adaptability.
The Parasound Halo JC2 BP is available in black and silver finishes - please specify on order.
- Home theatre bypass enables seamless blending into a digital surround system
- Home theatre bypass functions with both unbalanced & balanced inputs and outputs
- Home theatre bypass function can be assigned to any input
- Bypass remains selected after unit has been turned off
- Improved remote control is included with the bypass assignment keys
- Specifications and sonic performance are 100% the same as the original JC 2
- 6 pairs unbalanced RCA line-level audio input jacks
- 2 input pairs can be switched to XLR balanced connectors
- Independent balanced/unbalanced select for the L & R channel
- Each channel’s input is switched by its own gold-on-silver contact relay
- 4 output jack pairs with specialized functions:
- 1 Main output jack pair is balanced XLR, polarity is switched by remote
- 1 Main output jack pair is unbalanced RCA, polarity is switched by remote
- 1 output jack pair is unbalanced RCA, inverted polarity only
- 1 output pair is unbalanced RCA, normal polarity, fixed level for recorders
- Dual-mono left & right channel circuit boards minimize crosstalk
- Hand-matched complementary FETs
- Direct DC servo-coupled, no capacitors in the signal path
- Premium 4-gang motor-driven analogue master volume control
- Separate TKD brand analogue gain controls for L & R channel
- 3/8" thick aluminium shielding around audio boards
- Shielding prevents noise from power supplies & control circuits
- Separate output jacks for simultaneous normal & non-inverting polarity
- Aluminium chassis rear panel
- Remote control polarity switching uses gold-on-silver contact relays
- Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Neutrik brand premium XLR connectors
- Canare brand internal wiring
- High capacity R-core audio power transformer & inductor
- Hyper-fast soft recovery audio bridge rectifiers diodes
- Independent power supply for controller, relay coils, triggers, LEDs
- Remote control handset controls all functions
- Discrete IR codes for remote control
- Four 12v trigger output jacks for power amp auto turn-on:
- Two 12v trigger jacks are switched by the remote handset
- Two 12v trigger jacks are live when the JC 2 is turned on
- Two-way RS-232 serial port connection
- Line level inputs only; no inputs for phono
- Audio mute is switched by independent L & R relays
- Rear panel IR repeater input & loop out jacks
- Premium detachable heavy gauge IEC AC cord
- 2 6’ (2m) trigger wires included
- 3u Chassis, rack mountable with HRA3 (sold separately)