Parasound New Classic 275 v.2 Two Channel Power Amplifier
The Parasound NewClassic 275 v.2 is a high fidelity two channel power amplifier.
A new classic in every sense of the word, the 275 v.2 is the most compact member of Parasound's NewClassic line of high end home theatre and two channel audio products.
Each of this cool-running power amplifier’s two channels can deliver 90watts into 8 ohms, 150 watts into 4 ohms (also 150 watts into 2 ohms when set up correctly) and 200 watts when bridged to mono into 4 or 8 ohms. This exceptionally rugged amplifier is equally capable of driving high quality home theatre and stereo loudspeakers, or chains of in-wall and ceiling speakers. The heart of this flexibility lies in the amplifiers design and high level internal components, and the fact that the power amplifier has been designed with Parasound's proven class AB amplifier technology. The amplifier benefits hugely from fully discrete circuitry with toroid transformers and an efficient, low heat design.
The NewClassic 275 v.2 is a great performer for low impedance loads as the unit has a dedicated impedance selector switch for 2 Ω operation, meaning that it can drive the most demanding of loads if required. If you are working the unit in a higher power set up the unit can be set to drive more power into single loads as it also has a dedicated switch for bridged mono operation as well. The amplifier also has both speaker A & B outputs as well - meaning that you need not use two amplifiers to use in bridged mono mode necessarily (but be clear - see the manual outlining the 'bridged mono' set up!), making it a great slim-line and compact power house for high performance systems where rack space might be limited. If things get too harsh - the amp also benefits from both high temperature indicators and DC Servo with relay protection circuits.
This unit is a very adaptable performer, as it can also be used in a home theatre for instance (as alluded to before - not just in 'standard' stereo or distributed audio applications) as the 275 v.2 also has a 18dB/octave high pass filter, with switchable 20Hz or 40Hz. Why? Your speakers commonly have greater dynamic range and far less distortion when they don’t receive frequencies which are lower than they are capable of reproducing. Because the 20 Hz filter also has a steep 18 dB per octave slope, it is essentially a sub- sonic filter, and you probably won’t notice any loss of low bass unless you’re using very large speakers. This means that you can route all lower frequencies to a dedicated sub and really let your speakers get the best detail from the source material through the mid to higher frequency range in any application that will be geared around a 'sub/sat' system - 2.1 or 5.1 etc.
Like most Parasound amplifiers the 275 v.2 has great custom installation pedigree, with flexible power adaptability provided by automatic on/off by DC trigger with looping output and also automatic on/off by audio signal with adjustable sensitivity
The NewClassic 275 v.2 is a crystal clear example of why Parasound has a long history of dedication to superlative overall quality. The Model 275’s quality of sound, quality of performance and quality of construction will bring you listening pleasure for many years to come, as Parasound quality is also matched with their legendary reliability.
The Parasound 'NewClassic' 275 v.2 is available in black only.
- 90 watts x 2 into 8 Ω (all channels driven)
- 150 watts x 2 into 4 Ω or 2 Ω (all channels driven)
- 200 watts x 1 bridged into 8 Ω or 4 Ω
- 20 amps peak current per channel
- 2 Ohm stable operation with load selector switch
- Two pairs of speaker outputs with front panel A/B buttons
- Rear-mounted lockout switch disables front A/B buttons
- High pass filter, switchable for 20Hz or 40Hz
- Automatic on/off by DC trigger with looping output
- Automatic on/off by audio signal with 2 sensitivity settings
- Fully discrete circuitry with high current toroid transformer
- Bridging switch for stereo or mono operation
- Efficient, low heat design
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- Rear-mounted left and right gain controls
- Standby, channel status and high temperature indicators
- Gold-plated RCA input jacks
- Heavy duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker terminals
- 1U rack mount kit available separately (Model RMK11)