Origin Live Zephyr Tonearm
- Standard length is 9.5". Other lengths are available at extra cost.
The Zephyr arm is a considerable advance on the Silver with stronger, hard to machine alloys used throughout the yoke and base. It also includes additional stiffening and damping in the arm tube. All this adds up to a clear improvement in bass weight, dynamics, resolution and image stability. Many people wonder how much to invest in a tonearm. The answer to choosing the right arm for your needs is directly related to the importance of a tonearm in system hierarchy. To understand how much, a better tonearm will dramatically improve your system performance please see our “analysis of leading arms” page. This also reveals the story behind our cutting edge performance and introduces many aspects that apply to all our arms, saving repetition that would otherwise occur on every tonearm page.
• High grade aircraft alloy tube with internal stiffening and special rear stub for improved counterweight rigidity. The additional arm stiffening serves to further increase dynamics and sense of power and control in the bass.
• Superior Yoke design - encompassing higher grade material and precision tolerancing of parts. This results in an incredibly transparent arm with superb tonal balance. Finaly the yoke is mirror polished and finished in chrome.
• Bearing design - Gimballed arm using specially treated bearings.
•The Threaded base is upgraded from the Silver with a more sophisticated internal design and superior alloy.
• The Threaded base is upgraded from the Silver with a more sophisticated internal design.
• Counterweight is of a superior alloy to the lower arms to produce deeper bass.
• Integral VTA adjustment.
• High grade Internal Litz wire for transparency
• Upgrade external cable ( 6mm diameter ) with high onductivity RCA plugs to fit into your amplification.
• Easy to fit - The threaded base mounting makes the arm easy to fit to any armboard designed for Rega arms as it is a drop in replacement for ALL versions of Rega arm whether threaded base or 3 point mounting. There is also an Origin Live SME adaptor which means the arm can be fitted to any armboard for SME arms. Predrilled armboards are also available for the Linn LP12. Click the options tab at top of this page to order any of these armboards.