Acoustical Systems Fideles MM Cartridge
Introducing the fideles – an all-new high-end phono cartridge. „Fideles“ derivates from Latin / German and stands for „faithful, – as well as agile and lively“.
Unusual in this price class, the fideles features a solid advanced Titanium Timet 1100 body of unparalleled energy transfer ability and unique combination of strength and light weight.
The generator system is a double-magnet – focused field – moving ferrum pipe – principle which gives a healthy high output of 5.5 mV. Very easy handle for any phono stage and no need for a high-gain / moving coil phono input. Any phono input with 35 to 50 dB gain and 47k to 100k impedance is fine.
The fideles’ Titanium body further features 3 rows of threads to allow perfect overhang in any headshell / tonearm.
The fideles produces a very dynamic, live-like, colorful, open, transparent and natural sound and performs solidly several steps above it’s price range. It features very high trackability – above 90 µm! – and is very easy to align. It’s relatively low body mass allows perfect synergy with a very wide selection of low to medium-high mass tonearms.
- frequency response 18 Hz – 25 kHz +/- 2 dB
- channel balance within 0.8dB @ 1kHz
- channel separation better than 25dB @ 1kHz
- output voltage 5.5 mV, 1kHz @ 5 cm/sec
- static compliance 35 mm/N
- dynamic compliance @ 9-10 Hz 17 mm/N
- vertical tracking angle 22°
- stylus true elliptical 7µ x 2.5µ
- recommended load resistance 47 -100 kΩ
- recommended load capacitance phono cable + 0-max 200pF
- cartridge body mass 10.5 g
- recommended tracking force 17 mN to 18 mN