Our top model custom handbuilt phono cartridge, featuring matched crystal gold coils and 0.50 mV/channel output. On special request medium and high output versions are available; (Their variations in other parameters are minor to those described here for the 0.50 mV/channel standard version).
The BLACK BEAUTY GPX is a resolution improved version of the GRASSHOPPER IV GLA, which refinements were only possible to be created after having switched to the entirely metal free and extremely revealing The THIRD ® loudspeaker cable in Mr. van den Hul’s audio system.
The BLACK BEAUTY GPX’s refined body is made of black PolyCarbonate with about the same construction as the GRASSHOPPER IV GLA. The BLACK BEAUTY GPX sets new sonic standards in analog reproduction.
Listening impressions are like being in the concert hall with a very precise projection of the instruments, the acoustics and even the conductor in space. The music as a whole sounds extremely realistic and very convincing with a lot of authority, especially in the bass and lower midrange; the high frequencies are very pure and extremely nice structured.
The differences with the GRASSHOPPER IV GLA are:
- Improved magnetic layout, construction and properties.
- A reduced cantilever length.
- Due to points 1 and 2 the resolution is higher.
- The suspension uses a very special damping rubber.
- There is more “space” between the musical instruments and vocals.
- The output is reduced from 0.65 mV/ch. to 0.50 mV/ch. by using double layer Matched Crystal Gold coils on a cross-shaped armature, both producing a higher channel separation.
- The production time for a BLACK BEAUTY GPX cartridge after ordering is about two weeks.