Rega Planar 1 Turntable - White - B Grade
Good condition turntable, slight mottled effect on finish.
The Rega Planar 1 is the new replacement for the RP1. The designers at rega have re-worked almost every detail of the best-selling turntable giving you the best entry level product they have produced by still keeping the price extremely competitive.
The Tonearm is a Brand New 'RB110' built with the new Rega designed bespoke zero play bearings with ultra-low friction performance. New bias assembly and integrated arm clip. Includes automatic bias adjustment negating the need for the user to set bias, making this the most Plug & Play turntable that they have manufactured. It also includes a new ergonomically re-designed and stiffer headshell for improved usability and apperance.
- Cartridge - Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard
- 24v Motor - The first entry level Rega turntable to use a 24v synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley. Offering low noise and better speed stability.
- Plinth - Brand new thermoset gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new egonmically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes available gloss black and gloss white.
- Central Bearing housing - Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and reducing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy.
- Platter - Brand new 23mm higher mass phenolic platter with improved flywheel effect for improved speed stability
- Re-Designed feet - New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Motor cover tray - New motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
- Balance Weight - New 111g 'plug and play' balance weight.
Rega Planar 1 Turntable - Review by 'WhatHi-Fi?'
"In an era of change, not even Rega’s best-selling turntable is immune to the desire for a fresh approach.
Yet, despite a considerable list of tweaks to the original Planar 1 the British company’s signature sound is definitely going to remain.
Also with the new Rega Planar 1, change is unquestionably positive. It begins with the new RB110 tone arm, with precision bearings and automatic bias adjustment; combined with a tracking weight whose ideal position is already marked for you, it means you can set up faster than a cabinet minister’s resignation."