Pro-Ject X2 Turntable
- Resonance free acryl platter
- Electronic speed control
- Improved damping construction for less vibration and noise
The X2 is a luxury high-end turntable that delivers sonically and technically while maintaining a high aesthetic appeal – but without an esoteric price tag. Employing Pro-Ject’s latest audio technologies, it stands apart in a market awash with “me-too” analogue products.
Structurally the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter than previous versions, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become cleaner and more precise. Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board (for automatic switching between 33 and 45 RPM as well as additional 78 RPM support), delivers clean and stable power to the silent motor system. For even further improved performance, the motor is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE belt; this way the motor chassis is effectively decoupled from the main plinth.
In the X2, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
The X2 also benefits from a super-stiff, precisely tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm with a wider tube, inspired by our superior The Classic turntable. This 9” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference and better internal damping. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 tonearm can also be adjusted for accurate azimuth and VTA settings, allowing advanced analogue audiophiles to fine-tune more than ever before. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge/tonearm resonances.
The X2 is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Supplied as standard with the popular Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon specifically for Pro-Ject turntables, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box are a pair of Connect-IT E RCA cables; a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. The turntable is then positioned on three height-adjustable, decoupling Alu/TPE sandwich feet for improved isolation from the structure it’s placed upon. For safety when not in use, an acrylic dust cover is also included with the turntable.
The X2 is fine-tuned to focus on audio excellence. It has all the features needed for convenient day-to-day use, but no superfluous add-ons that start to negatively impact the sonic character. The end result is a highly engaging, musical turntable that delivers deep, detailed lows, crisp high frequencies and an engaging well-presented midrange. But due to Pro-Ject’s advanced manufacturing experience, while delivering great sound the X2 is also a beautiful piece of engineering that can stand proud as the focal point in any home environment.
The X2 is available in four finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer, a luxurious black 8-layer high gloss paint, or black or white eight-layer hand-polished satin paint.
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm speed change, which acts as “Speed Box” with ultimate speed stability
- Electronically regulated precision motor with improved damping construction for the least amount of vibration and noise
- Subplatter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft bronze bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- 9" one-piece tonearm tube with best internal damping by the ultra rigid carbon/alu sandwich construction
- TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by 50%
- Azimuth and VTA adjustement
- Pick it 2M Silver super fast, super precise MM cartridge with silver coils
- Resonance free, 2 kg heavy acryl platter
- Heavy, 50mm thick, highest quality CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, alu machined, vibration absorbing feet
- Handmade in Europe