Pro-ject Debut Carbon Turntable
- Carefully used once for a demonstration. Otherwise as new with original box and packaging
The launch of the Debut turntable from Pro-Ject Audio Systems in the late 1990’s could not have been more fortuitous. Anticipating the resurgence of interest in vinyl record playback, Pro-Ject created a basic, yet performance driven, turntable at an affordable price and the rest is history.
The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon is an updated version of the iconic Debut, available in 7 stunning colours and now featuring a carbon tonearm and several upgrades for even better sound. The Debut first revolutionised the hi-fi industry in the late 90s and has gone from strength to strength since. It's amazing to think this new version features a carbon tonearm - something usually only found on much more expensive models.
Why was the first Debut a revolution? For the first time after the arrival of CD and the assumed demise of vinyl records, the Debut emerged as a mass market turntable - a fine hi-fi turntable all music lovers could afford. This latest version is assuredly the best yet.
The carbon tonearm increases stiffness and decreases unwanted resonance. Together with other improvements like an increase in platter size and weight to realize even smoother rotation and new design in motor suspension, the overall sound quality is greatly improved. Expect a much smoother and more stable sound with deeper blacks (less background noise on quieter passages) and improved dynamics.
To fit in with your decor you have the choice of 7 stunning colours! Take your pick from gloss black, red, green, blue, yellow, silver or white.
- 8,6” carbon tonearm
- Increased platter size with more weight
- Precision belt drive with synchronous motor
- New sorbothane motor suspension
- Felt mat
- 7 high-gloss colour options
- Speed: 33, 45 (manual speed change)
- Drive principle: Belt drive
- Platter: 300mm metal with felt mat
- Mains bearing: stainless steel
- Wow & flutter: +/- 0,10%
- Speed drift: +/- 0,80%
- Signal to noise: - 68dB
- Tonearm: 8.6” Carbon
- Effective arm length: 218,5 mm
- Effective arm mass: 6,0 g
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Tracking force: 10 - 30mN
- Included accessories: RCA cable, lid
- Dimensions: 415 x 118 x 320mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 5.6 kg net