Trichord Diablo 'Never Connected Gen2' Power Supply
- Now available with black or silver front
The Ultimate Power supply for the Diablo
The NCPSUs have completely different electronics to any conventional dc power supply. Instead of an oversized toroidal transformer, there is a PCB mounting variety followed by the revolutionary noise reduction circuitry that is called 'Never Connected'.
Although the regulation circuit is physically connected to the incoming mains, it is disconnected electronically. A monitoring circuit detects the portion of the sinewave that is charging the first of a pair of electrolytic capacitors. Once this first capacitor is fully charged, the diode bridge rectifier turns off and a mosfet switching circuit transfers the charge from the first cap to the second. This cycle is repeated continuously.
At no point in time is the regulation circuitry electrically connected to the incoming rectified mains - hence the term 'Never Connected'. The overall result is a large and measurable reduction in mains borne noise. This dramatic reduction of mains borne noise enables the Diablo phono circuit to give of its very best.
- Output Voltage: -0V - +22Vdc, 0V - -22Vdc
- Output Current: +/- 0.5 Amps DC
- Mains Input Lead: 3 PIN IEC Moulded, Socket on Rear of PSU
- Mains Input Voltage: 230Vac (110Vac USA and Japan)
- Dimensions: 117 x 190 x 55 (mm) (W x D x H)
- Materials Used: Metal Casework to Match Diablo Phono Stage