AnalogMagik All In One Cartridge Setup Software & 2 Test Lps
What is AnalogMagik?
AnalogMagik is a Windows based turntable cartridge calibration software designed by Richard H. Mak and a team of engineers. It offers a scientific and repeatable method of calibrating every cartridge setup parameter, including:
- Turntable Speed
- Vertical Tracking Angle / Stylus Raking Angle
- Optimizing Phono Stage Loading
- Optimizing Phono Stage Gain Setting
- Vertical Tracking Force
- Measuring Vibrations
- Determining Resonance Frequencies
- AES Wow & Flutter
After you have performed a basic alignment on your turntable's cartridge using an appropriate alignment tractor, our software and Test LPs will attempt to optimize and fine-tune all the above setup parameters to achieve a more accurate analog cartridge setup.
Simply follow the onscreen instructions, and the program will guide you through all the test functions. It will also tell you what "optimal" numbers to look for, and what cartridge adjustments you need to make to get there.
AnalogMagik - Not Just An Ordinary Distortion Analyzer
If you own hardware based distortion analyzers or computer based Oscilloscopes & Spectrum Analyzers, why do you need AnalogMagik?
Any distortion analyzer can compute data, you can probably duplicate some of our test functions using the myriads of computer and hardware based analyzers out there. Many of them are free. However, all of them will lack the most important thing: the complex algorithm, proprietary filtering and mathematical averaging required to analyze data coming from the TEST LPs designed to work with our algorithms. Knowing how to interpret such data in a meaningful way, is a very difficult task. An ordinary distortion analyzer does not have the appropriate filtering to deliver consistent and repeatable results. Just throw in a slightly warped record and your results will be off.
AnalogMagik contains proprietary complex algorithms built into the programming and specific settings to account for the following:
- a proper sampling rate
- a proper sampling period
- complex filtering for noise, clicks & pops, and statics
- complex mathematical averaging
- incorporate the effects of warp records
- mathematical standard deviation
- eliminate the detrimental effects of line electric noise
- eliminate the effects of hum
- The complex programming will greatly improve the accuracy and consistency of the results, which an ordinary distortion analyzer will not do for you. We have spent thousands of hours perfecting the special algorithm specifically designed to work with the signals on our test LPs. The tracks on the LP are also strategically located at certain locations optimized for certain signals.
In our laboratory, we have utilized $ 35,000 laboratory grade hardware distortion analyzers to perform the same tests, but the results are less stable and less repeatable than AnalogMagik, because the trick lies in the proprietary mathematical algorithms. Without them, you can spend hundreds of hours with an ordinary computer analyzer simply to establish a correlation.
In other words, we have done the hard work so that you won't have to.
33 1/3 rpm & 45 rpm - 180G Virgin Vinyls
Why do we give you both a 33 1/3 rpm and a 45 rpm Test Lp? The forces experienced by a cartridge's stylus, is different under different turntable speeds. For example, under 45 rpm, the dragging force is greater than when under 33 1/3 rpm, which will cause the VTA/SRA angle to change ever so slightly. A faster speed will also increase Centripetal Force, which may require a slightly different Anti-skating as well as Azimuth setting.
For those with multiple tonearms and cartridges, a 45 rpm test LP will allow users to optimize a specific arm/cartridge combination to play 45 rpm records.
Our LPs are pressed with the highest quality 180G virgin vinyl.