Van den Hul Inspiration Speaker Cable Bi Amped
The INSPIRATION HYBRID is a new product in our state of the art FUSION SERIES of audio interconnects and loudspeaker cables which incorporate our new developed highly advanced FUSION conductor material.
The INSPIRATION HYBRID’s main application area is to serve as a highest quality twin lead loudspeaker cable, though it equally exels when used for bi-wiring, bi-amping or as an interconnect. The INSPIRATION HYBRID’s design incorporates a number of unique features which widen its field of application and improve performance compared to regular twin lead loudspeaker cables:
- The cable is equipped with a heavy shield.
- The signal leads are placed in a so-called star quad configuration.
- The cable contains a separate central ground lead which, if applicable (*), is intended to serve as ground connection between loudspeaker cabinet and amplifier ground.
The above mentioned design features avoid possible audio signal interference caused by external electromagnetic noise radiating into your power amplifier’s signal (feedback) path, entering through the loudspeaker lines.
Furthermore, when using digital (switchmode) power amplifiers, any radiation of residual noise from the loudspeaker lines is prevented. As such, these measures help to keep your system’s noise floor down, thereby allowing it to reveal more detail.
(*) Remark: Some loudspeaker manufacturers now equip their loudspeakers with a separate ground connection: e.g. Tannoy with their new Dimension range TD-8, TD-10 and TD-12 and for sure others to come.
- The stranded signal lines are made of our new developed highly advanced FUSION conductor material and are furthermore embedded in a conductive layer containing our Linear Structured Carbon ®. The sonic result is a very detailed signal transmission with a superb spacious character. There is no sign of any sonic harshness or lack of definition.
- The jacket and insulation throughout the cable are made of HULLIFLEX ® 4, a very rugged insulation material which provides outstanding protection.
Listen and be inspired
In The INSPIRATION HYBRID four star quad configured signal lines surround a central ground lead.
The signal lines are intended to be pairwise combined to form a twin lead loudspeaker cable with a total cross-section area of 2 x 3.94 mm² and a resistance of 2 x 1.4 Ohm/100 m. The central ground lead is intended to serve as an optional ground connection between any amplifier and loudspeaker’s ground terminals.
Next to the signal lines’ star quad configuration and separate ground lead, additional protection against R.F. interference is provided by the cable’s heavy braided screen, which should be grounded at the amplifier side and be left disconnected at the loudspeaker end.
Having four signal lines, The INSPIRATION HYBRID is also suitable to be used as a bi-wiring or bi-amping loudspeaker cable;
(Total cross-section area: 4 x 1.97 mm²; Resistance: 4 x 2.8 Ohm/100 m).
|Cable Type: ||Screened 5 conductor |
|Conductor Material: ||FUSION TECHNOLOGY: amorphous Cu/Zn/Ag alloy + HYBRID: Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s) |
|Design Purpose/ |
|Highest quality loudspeaker cable / Exotic DIY interconnect |
|Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands: ||Each signal lead: 1.97 mm² / ~AWG 14 / 98 |
Ground lead: 0.56 mm² / AWG 19.6 / 7
Screen: 4.45 mm² / AWG 10.7 / 252
|External Diameter / |
|11.5 mm. |
|Resistance 20 °C / 68 °F: ||Two red or blue signal leads combined: 1.4 Ohm/100 m. |
Central ground lead: 3.2 Ohm/100 m.
Screen: 0.45 Ohm/100 m.
|Capacitance: ||318 pF/m. |
|Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: ||Cores: HULLIFLEX ® 4; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 4 / 300 Vrms min. |