Pro-Ject Elemental Phono USB Turntable in Silver/Black - B Grade
Excellent condition, tatty box and packaging
Pro-Ject has decided to go after the cheap plastic turntable market with a high quality alternative that comes complete with an Ortofon cartridge. The new Elemental Phono USB table is a real "plug'n'play" all the way. No adjustment of counterweight and antiskating is needed, because both are pre-adjusted. This new straight tonearm is optimised for Ortofon OM cartridge series. All the buyer needs to do is remove it from the box, remove bearing guard, locate the belt around the platter, remove stylus guard and plug it into hifi system and computer.
The only plastic here is the stylus guard!
The hidden secret to the new table's sonic success, is a central gravity mass point, made from artificial stone and placed directly underneath the platter bearing. It is capable to fully absorb unwanted rumble and motor vibration. This turntable appears to be pure simplicity itself, while maintaining high quality audio standards and vinyl recording capability.
• Belt drive system with low vibration DC motor
• Central gravity mass point made from artificial stone
• Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
• Low resonance MDF platter with felt mat
• 8,6” ultra low mass tonearm with straight arm tube
• Pre-adjusted tracking force & antiskating
• Gold-plated RCA contacts & cartridge pins
• Integrated phono stage with precise RIAA equalisation
• Line level output
• A/D converter for vinyl recording with USB B output
• Colour options: red-black, white-black, silver-black