Parasound ZoneMaster1250 Twelve Channel Power Amplifier
The Parasound ZoneMaster 1250 is a high fidelity twelve channel power amplifier.
A new classic in every sense of the word, Parasound have created the first 'Universal Amplifier' to simultaneously power a high end home theatre surround system and additional zones with independent sources. Its combination of quality sound and innovative features could only come from a company with Parasound's reputation for excellence and three decades of experience.
The Parasound ZoneMaster 1250 is the first single solution for every amplifier application in the entire home. Parasound have combined their 'know-how' of high current design, sound quality and ingenuity to build a superior 12 channel amplifier that can handle 2 ohm loads with ease.
While typical class D amplifiers use cheap car radio IC's, the ZoneMaster 1250 uses Parasound's own class AB input stages to drive six expensive, high performance Class D amplifier modules made by Anaview, a leading edge developer and manufacturer of analogue Class D amplifier power supplies. Parasound has united audiophile quality, enough muscle to drive 2 ohm loads and previously unavailable flexibility to create an installers dream; the first truly 'Universal Amplifier'.
One ZoneMaster 1250 can power a high quality home theatre with 200w per channel for the front L,C and R speakers; 90w per channel for the surround speakers while the remaining 2 channels simultaneously power two additional independent stereo zones with 90w per channel at 4 ohms. Its unconditional stability with 2 ohm loads supports output connections for two speakers per channel, a total of 24 speakers.
Parasound high current delivery nearly doubles each channel's output power from 50w at 8 ohms to 90w at 4 ohms and quadruples to 200w for bridged channel pairs. With the ZoneMaster you can set up each zone for independent turn-off with its own 12v trigger or audio sensing trigger. Any zone can be switched to mono for single speaker applications such as bathrooms and hallways. The ZoneMaster also has a speaker level input for integrating with AV receivers or existing stereo systems that don't have preamp output jacks.
What's more - you'll find all of this unequaled sound quality, high output power and functionality in a chassis that's only 2U high, and even includes rack mounting hardware as well!
So for your next project you will be specifying one of these!
The Parasound 'New Classic' ZoneMaster 1250 is available in black only.
- Universal amplifier for applications from 50 to 200 watts
- 24 speaker connections (A and B outputs for all 12 channels)
- High current for stable operation at 2 Ohms
- Channel pairs are bridgeable for up to 200 watts @ 4 Ohms
- Class AB input stage plus premium Class D power stage
- Independent audio sensing triggers, one for each zone
- 6 Independent 12 volt trigger inputs, one for each zone
- Looping 12 volt trigger outputs for each zone
- Master 12 volt trigger input to turn all zones on-off
- Speaker level input for expanding systems w/out pre out jacks
- Two bus inputs can be routed to any zone
- Bus loop output jacks for passing audio to another amp
- Mono mode combines L and R for single speaker applications
- Separate level controls for all twelve channels
- Detachable speaker connectors accept up to 12 gauge wire
- Short circuit and overheat protection with front panel indicators
- 0.5 watt standby power consumption meets Energy Star & EU specs
- Compact 2U chassis
- 2U rack mounting hardware is included in box