ATC P2 Dual-Mono Power Amplifier
The ATC P2 power amplifier generates twice the power of its smaller P1 sibling. The P2 will drive the most challenging loudspeakers with ATC’s signature virtues of wide bandwidth and ultra-low distortion.
Hand-built by ATC in the UK, the P2 class A/B stereo power amplifier is designed to complement the brand’s range of hi-fi pre-amplifiers, both aesthetically and operationally. Rated at 300W continuous power per channel and developed in tandem with the P2 Pro studio amplifier, the ATC P2 is a Dual Mono design with decreet power supplies, signal and return paths. This approach ensures that the amplifier will achieve the maximum signal separation with minimal crosstalk, and that intermodulation between channels via the power supplies is reduced to an absolute minimum across a frequency range of 400kHz. It also means that the power delivery from one channel cannot affect the specified power available from the other.
Within a new low-vibration chassis design featuring a precision machined 12.7mm brushed aluminium front panel, the P2’s layout includes a massive, custom-made 400 VA low-noise transformer for each channel and an output stage involving 3 pairs of MOSFET devices per channel to achieve peak current output of over 15 amps. ATC’s unique “grounded source” output stage ensures smooth power delivery and extremely low harmonic distortion. The gain of the P2 matches that of the lower power P1 (150W/ch) so that they can be used together in bi-amp or tri-amp systems, connected via the amplifier ‘Link’ phono inputs/outputs.
The ATC P2 offers balanced XLR and unbalanced phono inputs, ‘link’ phono outputs, proprietary 4mm speaker terminals, and IR remote control.
“In terms of detail, the P2 struck gold once again. Instruments were lifelike and beautifully atmospheric, no matter whether a recording featured a soft solo acoustic ensemble or a grand orchestral bombardment.”
Adam Smith, Hi-Fi News, March 2017.
- 300W per channel
- True dual-mono design delivers full power simultaneously from both channels, with minimal crosstalk
- Grounded source class A/B circuit topology as found in ATC’s renowned active loudspeakers
- Ultra wide bandwidth, low distortion and high dynamic range ensure tonal accuracy and perfectly timed transients
- No compromise, high performance power supply and large heatsinks guarantee outstanding stability and long term reliability
- Neutral fidelity ensures excellent product compatibility
- Hand built in the UK and supported by a 6 year warranty