Nagra Classic Phono Stage
After many years of success and esteem, the Nagra VPS is replaced by the CLASSIC PHONO. The VPS, itself inspired by the legendary Nagra PL-P, was a very respected phono stage. The VPS was the base we used and also the obvious product to use as a benchmark.
Sound and impression
The first notes strike with density and extension. The CLASSIC PHONO impresses immediately with its sheer quality. The very linear phase response is clearly audible with a very faithful stereo and 3D image. The timbre of the instruments is very impressive. After a few minutes of critical listening you simply want to rediscover your music collection and enjoy it! The various settings allow you to match the cartridge and the record very closely.
Classic psu - the perfect companion
The CLASSIC PHONO features a new generation built-in power supply that offers great results. However you can take it to another level by adding the Nagra CLASSIC PSU. The Nagra PSU is derived from our HD Generation power supplies and features many technical advances that allow for an amazing sound reproduction.
- New generation Nagra custom made input transformers (based on the core of the HD PREAMP).
- Full tube in Class A (total 4 triodes)
- Comes with two inputs, one MC / MM (with transformers) and one MM (no transformers)
- Adjustable and customizable cartridge loading
- Selection of RIAA, TELDEC and COLUMBIA curves
- Accommodates mono cartridges in true mono mode. Stereo / Mono selector on the front panel
- Adjustable gain 38 - 64 dB
- New built-in silent power supply, can also be upgrared with a Classic PSU