Parasound Zamp Quattro Four Channel Power Amplifier
The Parasound Zamp Quattro is a four channel, two zone power amplifier.
Its unique half rack and compact size makes it incredibly versatile, meaning that if you require enhanced performance - but only have half the physical space - the Zamp Quattro is the perfect solution. The Zamp Quattro, unlike most Class D amplifiers that are based on inexpensive car audio chips, is quite different as you would expect.
Parasound's Zamp Quattro's uses a highly regarded Swedish Class D design to get the best performance and in this is worked in tandem with Parasound's consistent approach at the manufacturing level in that it uses only the best high-grade parts to ensure that it's performance is musical, reliable and powerful. Furthermore - this 'addiction' to ensuring sonic integrity is enhanced further with additional output filtering and a class AB input stage, and the result is a great sounding amp that is stable with low impedance loads and with reduced heat.
Depsite it's demure footprint the Zamp Quattro can output 50 watts RMS x 4 @ 8 Ω, with all channels driven, and for higher impedance loads it will output up to 90 watts RMS x 4 @ 4 Ω, all channels driven. The amplifier has discrete rear mounted level controls for each channel. and has easy to use and handy detachable phoenix style speaker connectors. The Zamp Quattro also benefits from bus for looping Zone 1 to Zone 2 (and loop output for sending audio to another amplifier), ultra-sensitive audio trigger for automatic turn on, 12v trigger input for automatic turn on - and also powered 12v output to trigger other devices. Finally, the connectivity flexibility of this truly outstanding amplifier is also seen in that it caters for a dedicated speaker level input additionally, and this will allow the Zamp Quattro to work with any receiver or amplifier, even those without preamp outputs.
So if you are looking for a ultra-flexible but seriously great sounding power amplifier (let alone an amp with such a small physical footprint), and one that can be used for a multitude of custom installation situations, then you cannot look any further than the Zamp Quattro - it is a must for any serious custom installation project. If you aren't overly focused with a dedicated custom installation project - the Zamp Quattro with it's sonic credentials alone would be equally 'at home' as a compact high quality amplifier used for some simple household distributed audio as well.
The Parasound Halo Zamp Quattro is available in black only.
Note: Zamp Quattro is now only available without rack ears.
- 4 channels in the same size as a Zamp v.3
- 50 watts RMS x 4 @ 8 Ω, all channels driven
- 90 watts RMS x 4 @ 4 Ω, all channels driven
- Class AB input stage plus premium Class D power stage
- Speaker level input for integration with any stereo receiver, even w/o pre outs jacks
- Bus for looping Zone 1 to Zone 2
- Ultra-sensitive audio trigger for automatic turn on
- 12v trigger input for automatic turn on
- Powered 12v output to trigger other devices
- Loop output for sending audio to another amplifier
- Level controls for each channel
- Detachable phoenix style speaker connectors
- Unique half-rack width chassis; 1 rack space high
- Fastening hardware available for rack mounting