Parasound Halo P7 Multi-Channel Preamplifier
The Parasound Halo P 7 is the perfect product for those wanting the best of both worlds - discerning home theatre and the most desirable stereo, as it will satisfy the most demanding two-channel audio purist who may also enjoy multichannel music and movies. It is both a two-channel and a 7.1-channel analogue pre-amplifier with outstanding performance and an easy-to-use interface. For serious listeners who wish to use the P 7 in conjunction with their digital home theatre surround system we provide a volume control bypass mode. A sub-woofer output with analogue bass management enables your sub-woofer to be operational with two channel analogue sources.
The P7 utilises Parasound's know how in exemplary form - as it has a myriad of user friendly features. On the input section, the P7 features two multi channel (7.1) inputs for surround sound movies and music, plus seven stereo inputs (with one balanced XLR input). It also boasts a dedicated MM or MC phono input and a handy front panel 3.5mm input jack for auxiliary sources. This deft and adaptable pre-amp also excels on it's output stage with both unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR 7.1 outputs, that work in conjunction and combine beautifully with a sub-woofer output with analogue bass management.
Befitting of it's connectivity and complimentary to it's adaptability, the P7 also features a very useful serial control interface for more 'enhanced' systems or custom installations, and is also suited with three 12V trigger outputs for 3 different functions. This pedigree is further enriched by the P7's rich software features - such as it's theatre bypass mode for connecting a digital surround receiver, handy source input level matching and also headphone level offset control.
So whether the P7 is being used in the front room or if it is rack mounted in a custom installation environment - it is sure to be equally at home, whilst delivering the best possible performance that only a Parasound product can!
The Parasound Halo P7 is available in black and silver finishes - please specify on order.
- Burr-Brown PCM1798 DAC with USB, Optical and Coax inputs
- Coax and optical accept all sampling rates up to 192 kHz, 24-bit
- USB accepts up to 96 kHz, 24-bit
- Incoming jitter on all three digital inputs is significally attenuated with an effective clock recovery system
- Analog Bass management with high and low pass crossovers
- Home theater bypass input for surround sound integration
- Front panel subwoofer level control
- 5 RCA line level inputs
- 1 XLR balanced input (parallels Input 5 RCA jacks)
- Phono input for MM & MC cartridges with 100 Ohm or 47k Ohm load
- Front panel Aux input with automatic +12 dB gain stage
- Balanced XLR and RCA left and right outputs
- 1 balanced XLR and 2 RCA subwoofer outputs
- Bass & treble controls with defeat from remote or front panel
- Headphone jack with 10 ohm output impedance
- Rear panel IR input and IR loop output jacks
- 12 V output to trigger power amplifiers and other devices
- Automatic turn on with 12 V trigger or AC power
- Fixed level record output
- Premium motor-driven Alps potentiometer volume control
- Left/Right Balance control
- Remote control with discrete on/off power buttons
- 0.5w standby power consumption meets Energy Star spec
- Rack mounting adapter available (Model HRA 2 sold separately)
- Available in silver or black finish