Furutech Flow-08 High Performance In-Line Mains EMI Filter
Suitable for use with:
Mac Book Pro, Mac Book Air, laptop PCs, Subwoofers, Blu-ray DVD players and recorders, HD TVs, HD TV tuners, Cable and satellite TV tuners, Apple TV, PS3, AV amps, Network Audio Players, NAS and Active Desktop Speakers.
AC Power Can Make or Break Your System!
The audio you hear from your home entertainment system is essentially the incoming electricity itself, and the typically violent storms riding the AC line and its ground is very detrimental to the performance of your components.
The Flow-08 is a sophisticated finished inline power filtering unit that eliminates many common problems caused by contaminated electrical power lines. It protects against distortion caused by ground noise, voltage spikes and sags, high frequency power supply noise from other components in your own system, and finally high-frequency digital noise emanating from processors and digital interconnects.
Plus you’re never alone when you take your listening seat; the residential AC supply is shared with other apartments, homes, and businesses on the same utility transformer explaining why many enthusiasts find their systems perform to a higher standard late at night and over weekends.
And while the Flow-08 is a star performer at eliminating common AC problems, it does it all without restricting current draw in any way. Furutech, known for its world-class Pure Transmission engineering, build and finish, have done the tests and the Flow-08 does not interfere with current draw. The Furutech model C7 IEC connector perfectly complements the remarkably effective Flow-08’s ability to eliminate distortion.
The Flow-08 Inline AC Filter lowers noise on every component on which it’s used resulting in very natural and extremely fine resolution down and through the utterly silent noise floor. It improves soundstaging and imaging while creating nuanced high frequencies, an attractive, engaging midrange, tight and controlled bass, with power and dynamics to spare.
• Fitted with 24k gold-plated α (Alpha) nonmagnetic Furutech model C7 IEC connector
• Eliminates radiated AC noise
• AC-1001G EMI-filtering IEC features gold-plated α (Alpha) nonmagnetic copper alloy conductors
• A parallel circuit with an in-line coil and capacitor that reduces noise at 100KHz by 8dB and at 500KHz by 14 dB and at 10MHz by more than 30dB
• Patent-pending metal cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanically and electrically induced distortion
• α (Alpha) conductor shield for protection against radiated noise
• RoHS-compliant flexible PVC sheath improves vibration isolation
• Special high-grade flexible PVC Insulation contributes to reduced capacitance
• Incorporating Furutech’s special passive GC-303 EMI filtering material