Luxman’s new C-700u preamp benefits from the same uncompromising construction and attention to detail as the D-06u. At its heart lies Luxman’s fourth-generation ODNF (Only Distortion Negative Feedback) amp circuit, which restricts feedback to distortion components only, thus greatly enhancing signal-to-noise performance. This is directly coupled to the LECUA 1000 attenuator circuit, trickled down from the flagship C-900u preamp, allowing an extremely fine degree of volume control and left/right balance adjustment whilst maintaining sound quality at the highest level.
“Positively sumptuous… World-class build and finish… The price to performance and build ratio impressive and should ensure that this venerable brand goes on to make its name with a new generation of music lovers”
Luxman C-700u/M-700u – Jason Kennedy, Hi-Fi+ (Issue 132)
Exceptional signal purity doesn’t have to mean stripped-to-the-bone facilities – not when they are implemented with Luxman’s no-compromise approach. The C-700u includes precision bass and treble tone adjustment (extremely useful given the variability of today’s music formats), a ‘loudness’ control for low-level listening, a ‘line straight’ button that bypasses the tone controls, and phase selection for the balanced inputs. The FL display can even be zoomed in stages via the remote, ensuring key information remains readable no matter how far the listener is from the preamp (the D-06u shares this feature).
In terms of connectivity, the C-700u offers seven line-level inputs (five single-ended RCA and two balanced XLR), plus four line-level outputs (two single-ended and two balanced). Also present are monitor input and record output RCA terminals, an external preamp input for integration with an AV system, and two remote output terminals for integrated system control.
- Input Sensitivity / Impedance: Unbalanced 250mV / 46kΩ, Balanced 250mV / 67kΩ
- Output Voltage / Impedance: Unbalanced rating 1V / 90Ω, Maximum, 11V Balanced rating 1V / 600Ω, Maximum, 11.5V
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+0, -0.1dB) 5Hz to 120kHz (+0, -0.1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Unbalanced 0.0007% (20Hz to 20kHz) 5Hz to 120kHz (+0, -0.1dB)
- S/N Ratio: Unbalanced 125dB, Balanced 122dB
- Power Consumption: 28W, 2.0W (at standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 440 x 130 x 430 (mm) •Weight: 14.6kg