Furutech FI-68 High Performance EMI Filter IEC Connector
AC 115V/250V 15A 50/60Hz
AC Power Can Make or Break Your System!
The audio you hear from your home entertainment system is essentially the incoming electricity itself, and the typically violent storms riding the AC line and its ground is very detrimental to the performance of your components.
The FI-68 is a sophisticated, luxuriously made and finished inline power filtering unit that eliminates many common problems caused by contaminated electrical power lines. It protects against distortion caused by ground noise, voltage spikes and sags, high frequency power supply noise from other components in your own system, and finally high-frequency digital noise emanating from processors and digital interconnects.
Plus you’re never alone when you take your listening seat; the residential AC supply is shared with other apartments, homes, and businesses on the same utility transformer explaining why many enthusiasts find their systems perform to a higher standard late at night and over weekends.
And while the FI-68 is a star performer at eliminating common AC problems, it does it all without restricting current draw in any way. Furutech, known for its world-class Pure Transmission engineering, build and finish, have done the tests and the FI-68 does not interfere with current draw.
The FI-68 IEC connector with Filter lowers noise on every component on which it’s used resulting in very natural and extremely fine resolution down and through the utterly silent noise floor. It improves soundstaging and imaging while creating nuanced high frequencies, an attractive, engaging midrange, tight and controlled bass, with power and dynamics to spare.
• The body of the FI-68 filter combines two “active” materials: Nano-sized ceramic particles and powdered carbon plus Nylon and fiberglass to form an extremely effective mechanically and electrically damped body
• Use between power cables and power distributors or power cables and components
• Eliminates radiated noise in the AC
• Fitted with nonmagnetic 24k gold-plated or rhodium-plated α(Alpha) pure copper connector parts
• A parallel circuit with an in-line coil and capacitor that reduces noise at 100KHz by 8dB and at 500KHz by 14 dB and at 10MHz by more than 30dB
• Floating Field Damper™ (Earth/Ground Jumper System) with US Patent No.: 6,669,491/ European Patent (EP1445837)
• Nylon /fiberglass main body and inner cover plate.
• Housing material formed of nylon and fiberglass also incorporates a special concentrated stainless steel fiber in resin. This combination of materials promotes static dissipation and improves EMI shielding – attaining above 40dB of EMI shielding effectiveness.
• Specified for cable diameters of 6.6mm to 15.5mm (Wire size of 3.5mm2 (12AWG) max.)
• Polycarbonate cable damping clamp with stainless screws
• Connection: Set screw with ID.:3.5~4.0mm “O” type Terminals
Blue terminal for 14AWG (2.0mm2) wire
Black terminal for 12AWG (3.5mm2) wire
• Dimensions: 40.6mm diameter X 121mm overall length