Every aspect of Kennerton Wodan, the newest planar-magnetic headphone, is designed to achieve maximum performance in the speed of music performance. A dynamic and fast reproduction will allow you to perceive every single environmental sound effect as if you were present in the place where the sounds were born.
Kennerton has gone an extra mile while designing and crating Wodan. Every cup of this model is made of a whole piece of wood. It is not only affects sounding in a positive way, but also adds a special feeling from the amount of attention to the details that the crafters put in every single unit.
To create such a special headphone cup, we first use machine carving to create a workpiece from a wooden plank. Then the workpiece goes into polish, and peculiarity of this model is that every transition, every cell and every hollow is polished by hand. Afterwards the polished cup soaks in Italian oils used in restoration of antique furniture and best picture frames. The grids’s cells created in a specific way to form a bell like in design of a horn.
While have all the advantages of Odin (the 2019 model) and Thridi, Wodan is considerably more comfortable and light – about 480 g. Due to the new grid headphones provide more softer and analytical sounding than Odin or Thridi.
WHY PLANAR MAGNETIC?
In our eyes, we see the perfect headphone as a cross-breed of the dynamic and electrostatic technologies combined into one. Whereby taking the airy and extremely detailed sound of an electrostatic driver, and combining it with the power and impact of a dynamic transducers. This enables us to achieve a sound that’s both natural and engaging.
When we looked at the market to see what our competitors have been producing in the last couple of years, we were surprised to find that the most recent planar magnetic headphones all had the same design and thus also shared the same flaws. This indicated to us that the 35-year old planar magnetic technology hasn’t evolved with time.
We got to the drawing board and started to make our own drivers from scratch. One of our core goals was to minimize internal structure resonances and optimize sound wave patterns, in order to create a clear, low-distortion sound frequency. To achieve this, we created several patent-pending core innovations. Its magnetic structure is designed to eliminate both unwanted resonances, and unify magnetic field distribution over the total frequency range.
SO WE STARTED MAKING OUR OWN DRIVER FROM SCRATCH.
Our drivers are solely designed and produced in Russia, which involves a facility that also work for the aerospace and military industries, which ensures the highest quality and durability of our headphones.
- A new 80mm planar-magnetic driver, with every aspect of this technology being implemented, such as phase coherence, flat impedance and a low-mass diaphragm.
- Multi-layer 10µm polyimide film diaphragm, tested to have the highest reliability and longevity in the most extreme environmental conditions.
- FEM-Optimized Magnet System with 10 neodymium magnets arranged in symmetric push-pull configuration.
- Unique semicircular bar magnets.
- A semicircular form therefore has many advantages over the ordinary rectangular shaped bar magnets: It gives a more uniform magnetic field, greatly reduces internal resonances and produces an optimal sound.
- Our driver allows greater sensitivity, thanks to its powerful magnets and low-mass diaphragm. It can therefore be easily driven by portable devices.