Lehmann Linear USB II Headphone Amplifier
The Linear USB II is a high-end headphone amplifier and streaming pre-amplifier for users who also want to play high-resolution audio files from a PC or Laptop.
What makes the Linear USB II so special is its totally revised analogue circuitry. Featuring a discrete Class A output stage, for an open and natural sound, high-grade Low-Z Copper technology across the PCB circuitry and specially selected components – like the oversized internal power supply and low-loss MKP precision capacitors – the new model delivers physical, punchy lows and startling resolution in an open and natural soundstage over the entire frequency bandwidth, allowing your headphones to fulfil their highest potential.
For easy system matching, the Linear USB II features three Gain settings up-to 20dB and also benefits from two Neutrik headphone sockets with gold-plated contacts, which can be used simultaneously. The Left headphone output mutes the rear line-level RCA output when a headphone is connected. There is also an additional analogue RCA input for connecting more traditional line-level sources, but it’s main appeal is in the high-resolution USB digital audio input.
The Linear USB II automatically detects any incoming USB audio data stream, without the need for an input selector switch. The technology employed utilises an ESS Sabre K2M DAC chip, capable of 32-bit / 384kHz playback and DSD support (DoP) for playback of very high-resolution digital audio files.
The Linear USB II also functions very well as a streaming pre-amplifier for a full hi-fi system (when Gain is set to 0dB and no headphone is connected). With the auto-input detection and sophisticated internal layout, it offers a simple-yet-high-end solution that can easily drive long cables toward a power amplifier or active speakers.
The Linear USB II is truly a reference class pre-amplifier for all dynamic headphones. Utilising a sturdy metal housing with SSC damping feet, for effective decoupling from environmental factors, the aluminium faceplate is available in Black, Silver or Chrome finishes.
- High-end headphone amplifier and streaming pre-amplifier
- High resolution USB audio input handles 384kHz PCM and DSD (DoP) audio files
- Two headphone outputs can be operated at the same time
- Left headphone output isolates the line-level outputs
- Multiple Gain settings for different headphones
- RCA inputs for connecting traditional sources
- Auto-detecting input system prioritises USB audio
- Functions as a high-end pre-amplifier when Gain set to 0dB and no headphones are connected
- Premium construction and luxury electrical components used throughout
- Available in black, silver and chrome (£100 surcharge)