Lehmann Audio Linear D II Headphone Amplifier
The Linear D II is a high-end headphone amplifier and streaming pre-amplifier for users who also want to get the best sound from their digital audio sources.
What makes the Linear D II so special is its totally revised analogue circuitry. Featuring a discrete Class A output stage, for an open and natural sound, high-grade Low-Z Copper technology across the PCB circuitry and specially selected components – like the oversized internal power supply and low-loss MKP precision capacitors – the new model delivers physical, punchy lows and startling resolution in an open and natural soundstage over the entire frequency bandwidth, allowing your headphones to fulfil their highest potential.
For easy system matching, the Linear D II features three Gain settings up-to 20dB and also benefits from two Neutrik headphone sockets with gold-plated contacts, which can be used simultaneously. The Left headphone output mutes the rear line-level RCA output when a headphone is connected. There is also an additional analogue RCA input for connecting more traditional line-level sources, but it’s main appeal is in the high-resolution digital audio inputs.
Linear D II guarantees the highest performance from your existing digital sources. With Optical (Toslink) and Coaxial (RCA 75Ω) inputs, it automatically detects the playing audio (Optical input is prioritised) and converts the raw digital data using a sophisticated ESS Sabre K2M DAC chip.
The Linear D II also functions very well as a streaming pre-amplifier for a full hi-fi system (when Gain is set to 0dB and no headphone is connected). With the auto-input detection and sophisticated internal layout, it offers a simple-yet-high-end solution that can easily drive long cables toward a power amplifier or active speakers.
The Linear D II is truly a reference class pre-amplifier for all dynamic headphones. Utilising a sturdy metal housing with SSC damping feet, for effective decoupling from environmental factors, the aluminium faceplate is available in Black, Silver or Chrome finishes.
- High-end headphone amplifier and streaming pre-amplifier
- High resolution digital audio inputs
- Two headphone outputs can be operated at the same time
- Left headphone output isolates the line-level outputs
- Multiple Gain settings for different headphones
- RCA inputs for connecting traditional sources
- Auto-detecting input system prioritises Optical sources
- Functions as a high-end pre-amplifier when Gain set to 0dB and no headphones are connected
- Premium construction and luxury electrical components used throughout
- Available in black, silver and chrome (£100 surcharge)