HRT Music Streamer HD USB DAC
HRT Music Streamer HD is High Resolution Technologies' top of the line USB DAC, an ultra high performance upgrade over the hugely popular HRT Microstreamer and HRT Music Streamer models. This HD model features an asynchronous DAC input along with both XLR and RCA audio outputs.
An HD sound card
The Music Streamer HD is effectively an ultra-high performance external sound card/digital to analog converter (DAC) that connects a computer to the analog inputs (balanced or unbalanced) of a home stereo, other entertainment system or to powered loudspeakers. USB connected and powered, the Music Streamer HD is simple to use and provides a level of performance that is almost unsurpassed at any price point. The Music Streamer HD approaches near theoretical limits for resolution and will astonish even the most demanding listener.
With its high performance asynchronous USB transceiver, differential current mode conversion, and a fully differential signal path, the Music Streamer HD provides the perfect topology for ultra high resolution digital to analog conversion. All power requirements for the Music Streamer HD are supplied from the host computer, and operation is simple: just plug it into any available USB port, and in a matter of seconds, you will be ready to experience a level of sound that is guaranteed to thrill and delight you.
Pure Sound Quality
With its jitter free interface, the Music Streamer HD will transform your computer into a better-than-CD-quality source.* Utilizing native Audio Class 1.0 or 2.0 drivers (available in all modern PC, Mac & Linux computers), simply select the appropriate audio class via the Music Streamer HD's front panel switch, connect it to your computer via the included USB cable and connect the audio outputs to your audio system (RCA or XLR).
Select the Music Streamer HD as the default audio output in your computer’s audio sound preferences and you are ready to experience digital sound reproduction at its very best. LED indicators on the HD display the current sample rate (44k1, 48k, 88k2, 96k, 176k4 & 192k), the bit depth (16 or 24), and the state of the mute circuit, so you will always know at a glance your system's operating mode. **
* When using high bit rate/sample rate music files.
** It is important to note that, while the MS HD is capable of decoding digital files of up to 24/192 resolution, all current Windows-based computers will pass only a maximum of 24/96 resolution files over the USB network (Windows software does not at this time support Audio Class 2.0, which is required for transmitting 24/192 files over USB). However, if you have a Mac computer, and it is equipped with Snow Leopard operating software or above, you can play full-resolution files up to 24/192 resolution over the USB system on your Mac. This Windows exception has nothing to do with the MS HD itself; rather, it is an intrinsic limitation of all current Windows operating software. The good news is that HRT is currently working on a solution to allow Windows-based computers to make full use of the 24/192 capability of the MS HD, and as soon as it is ready, we will announce it on this web site.
High Resolution Technologies' UpStream utility allows the Music Streamer HD's firmware to be updated right from the computer's desktop in a matter of seconds.
- Fully differential (balanced) internal signal path.
- Balanced (XLR) and single ended (RCA) outputs.
- 24 Bit operation.
- Supports 44k1, 48k, 88k2, 96k, 176k4 & 192k sample rates.
- End plate LED indicators identify sample rate and bit depth.
- Plug and play using selectable audio class 1.0 or 2.0 operation.
- USB Powered.
- Galvanic isolation of digital and analog stages.
- Asynchronous Mode Operation eliminates timing errors (jitter).
- Upstream Utility for fast firmware upgrades.
- Designed and Manufactured in Southern California
- Full Scale Output: 2.25 V RMS (RCA), 4.5V (XLR)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohm (RCA), 50+50 Ohm (XLR)
- Frequency Response (20 Hz / 20 kHz): -0 dB / -.2 dB
- Noise Floor (DC to 30 kHz): 5 uV RMS (RCA), 9 uV (XLR)
- S/N Ratio (DC to 30 kHz): 113 dB (RCA), 114 dB (XLR)
- S/N Ratio (A-weighted): 119 dB (RCA), 122 dB (XLR)
- THD+N (1 kHz Full Scale): .002%
- THD+N (1kHz -20 dB): .0002%
- Jitter contribution (DC to 30 kHz): >144 dB below full scale
- Isolation: > 500M ohm
- Sample Rate: up to 192 kHz
- Bit Depth: up to 24 bit
- USB transfer protocol: asynchronous
- Power Requirements (USB Buss): 480 mA
- Dimensions: 3.8" x 6.0" x 3.0"