Dynavector DR T XV1-S Mono Moving Coil Cartridge
Dynavector like for like exchange and rebuild scheme also available. Please contact us for further details.
The new Dynavector XV-1s mono cartridge has been developed due to enthusiastic requests from mono record lovers, worldwide. The XV-1s mono has not been designed as a typical, old fashioned mono cartridge, but developed as a true high fidelity component. It is designed to provide the highest performance and extract the greatest musical expression possible from mono records.
The XV-1s mono follows from the innovative design and technology of the acclaimed XV-1s stereo cartridge and incorporates the following details and considerations:
Compliance in horizontal and vertical directions. Musical information is recorded in the horizontal direction on mono records. Tracking the vertical elements will only lead to extraneous noise or potential damage of the record groove. Given this, the compliance of the XV-1s mono in the vertical direction has been set considerably lower compared to that of the horizontal direction. A somewhat "thin" and harsh sound is often experienced when playing a mono record with a normal stereo cartridge. A stereo cartridge picks up both the horizontal and the vertical groove information so that both the music and unnecessary noise are reproduced.
- Type: Low output moving coil mono cartridge with multi alnico magnets and the flux damper
- Output Voltage: 0.25mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec. RMS horizontal)
- Frequency response: 20 - 50,000Hz
- Compliance: 6 x 10-6 cm/dyn (horizontal)
- Tracking force: 2.6 - 3.2 grams
- Impedance: R=7 ohms
- Recommended load resistance: > 30 ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length 0.3 mm dia. solid boron
- Stylus Line contact: PF( 0.14mm x 0.08mm )
- Weight: 12.6 grams