AVID Acutus Dark Turntable - Limited Edition-
Only 100 being manufactured worldwide
"VINYL Sonic presentation at it's finest"
New, improved "SP" version incorporates AVID's new DSP signal generating power supply. Final speed can now be accurately adjusted and motor stability and vibration is also improved. In addition, the new twin belt drive system and revised bearing has improved platter dynamics, further improving the sound quality of an already world-class audio product.
This is one of the most musical-sounding record players you can buy.
Acutus turntable is radically different from current design theories. Designed from a clean sheet, leaving nothing unexplored or unresolved. Setting a standard of musical reproduction others aspire to achieve. In brief, this is a belt drive, sprung subchassis design and this is where the similarity with other designs stops. On first appearance, you can see there is something different and you would be right.
Vibration caused by the stylus during playback is transmitted to the sub chassis directly through our newly revised unique single point bearing and not absorbed into the platter. This is achieved using a unique matting material and clamping system. External vibrations are isolated by a unique variable frequency suspension system, conveniently adjustable from above.
A purpose designed power supply, incorporating our latest DSP signal generation makes for accurate speed settings. This coupled to a unique handmade motor, 10 times more powerful than normally used, drives a massive 10Kg platter with our new twin belt drive system making for excellent speed stability and sonic pictures of sound.
- Drive: Twin Belt Drive
- Speeds: 33.3 and 45.0 RPM
- Platter Mass: 10.0 Kg
- Bearing: Inverted Stainless Steel
- Thrust Point: Tungsten Carbide/Sapphire
- Suspension: 3 Point, Springs in Vertical, O-Rings in Lateral Frequency; Vertical 2.5 Hz (variable), Lateral 4.5 Hz
- Tonearms: Standard Cut for SME (adapters to order)
- Motor: Hand Built 24v 140mNm AC Synchronous
- Power Supply: DSP Vari-SPeed Control Unit
- Voltage Input: 100-240vac 50/60Hz 300 Watts Max. (depending on region)
- Dimensions: Turntable (overall) - 460mm x 400mm x 210mm (W x D x H)
- Dimensions: Turntable (footprint) - 410mm x 360mm (W x D)
- Dimensions: Power Supply: 250mm x 215mm x 95mm (W x D x H)
- Net Weight: Turntable: 19.0 Kg (42lb), PSU: 3.5Kg (8lb)
- Shipping Weight: 30.0Kg (66lb)