A more compact floorstander, the Gold 200 nevertheless delivers full-scale performance. Its three-way design features two 6½" (165 mm) RDT II bass drivers beneath a 2½" (64 mm) C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, backed up by dual rear-firing HiVe II ports.
All but the largest rooms will benefit from Gold 200’s remarkably tight and textured bass response, deftly informative mid-range and smooth high-frequency attack. Regardless of volume or your listening position, Gold 200’s powers of communication will move you.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:
- RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns