Dali Epicon 2 Speakers
If you dream of fantastic sound experiences the Epicon 2 is the perfect escape. Don’t be fooled by the size of this so-called bookshelf speaker – the most diminutive in the Epicon family.
Sitting gracefully upon its custom-made speaker stand, Epicon 2 produces an astonishingly large and accurate three-dimensional sound that will impress even the most rigorous demands of true audiophiles.
The two channel speaker features a 6 ½“ bass driver and a soft dome tweeter. In fact, the technological breakthroughs designed for the larger Epicon 6 and Epicon 8 models have been channelled into Epicon 2 to create a speaker that performs way beyond its size expectations.
Epicon 2 demonstrates perfectly what this new series is all about: Minimal signal degradation… or put bluntly: Transparency and revelation taken to an - until now – unseen level!
This speaker demonstrates a highly linear and coherent response, and integrates well with small to mediumsized rooms. The woofer roll-off is slow, and the speaker reaches deep into the lowest frequencies. All in all, in most setups this will sound like a much larger speaker than it really is.
Within its working range the Epicon 2 will fully match the performance quality of its larger siblings, the Epicon 6 and Epicon 8. This is the new compact speaker for the purist seeking high-performance.
Working both as an acoustic tuned ‘spring’ for the drivers, as well as getting rid of reaction force (resonant) energy, the cabinet is an important part of the entire speaker system.
Each side of the Epicon 2 is constructed from 6 individual layers of MDF, all glued together. In the Epicon 2 these are anchored to the 53 mm multi-layer MDF backbone of the cabinet. CNC milling process is applied for making the recess and holes for the bass ports and terminals in the backbone.
With a thickness of 33 mm the duallayer front baffle ensures that energy from the drivers is radiated as acoustic energy, and not as vibrations in the cabinet. The curved shape of the front baffle is also a contributing factor in ensuring a stable acoustic platform.
- Speaker Type: Front, Rear
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]: 47 - 30.000
- Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB]: 87
- Nominal Impedance [Ω]: 4
- Maximum SPL [dB]: 108
- Recommended Amplifier Power [W]: 30 - 200
- Crossover Frequency [Hz]: 3.100
- High Frequency Drivers: 1 x 29 mm Soft Textile Dome
- Low Frequency Drivers: 1 x 6½" Wood Fibre Cone
- Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz]: 43,0
- Connection Input(s): Bi-Wire, Bi-Amping
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- Recommended Placement: Stand
- Recommended Distance From Wall [cm]: > 25
- Dimensions:, Cabinet Body (HxWxD) [mm]: 386 x 214 x 366
- Weight [kg]: 10,3
- Accessories Included: Manual, Micro Fibre Cloth, Rubber Pads, Terminal Links
- Finish: Black High Gloss Lacquer, Walnut High Gloss Lacquer, Ruby Macassar High Gloss Lacquer