SME Series IV Tonearm
General Note: SME tonearms that have been previously wired internally with LCOFC will now be wired with higher specification silver plated matched crystal OFC.
The Series IV precision tonearm owes much to the technology developed for the acclaimed Series V. Although presented at a lower price it retains the unique one-piece magnesium tonearm, dual-lock base and other advanced features listed.
The Series IV is a worthy relative of 'the best pick-up arm in the world' with a sonic performance reflecting the care and attention to detail underlying its design and manufacture.
- Unique one-piece pressure die-cast tone-arm utilising the advantages of magnesium, replaces conventional fabricated construction.
- Fine machined cartridge platform, enamel free to avoid interface resonance.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Swivelling damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA)
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
- Effective Mass: 10.0/11.0g
- Cartridge Balance Range: 5-16g
- Vertical Tracking Force: 0-3.0g (30nM)
- Maximum Tracking Error: 0.012 (degrees per mm)
- Nullpoints Inner: 66.04mm
- Nullpoints Outer: 120.9mm
- Audio Lead Length: 1.2m
- Audio Lead Capacitance: 140.0pF per channe
- Audio lead Resistance: 0.145 ohms per conductor
- Internal Wiring Capacitance: 150.0pF per channel
- Internal Wiring Resistance: 0.535 ohms per channel
- Output Plug and Socket: DIN 5-pole 240 (degrees)
- Weight, Net: 700.0g