Spendor D7 Loudspeakers
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine - April 2013
"There's something about the way the D7 goes about it's business that makes the music magic."
"I was mightily surprised by with the new Spendor D7, whcih seemed totally at home just centimetres from a rear wall. There wasn't so much as a hint of bass sloppiness, the bass staying taut, supple and decently extended."
"Ultimately though, choosing a speaker is all about getting the sound thats right for you, and for me the transparency, delicacy of touch and overall musicality - allied to that tidy, well-behaved bass and smooth treble - seals the deal."
"The result is a speaker that is lovely to listen to, no matter what you throw at it."
The Spendor D7 delivers music with a fresh vibrant realism that conventional loudspeakers cannot match. This new level of performance is the direct result of important Spendor innovations.
The Spendor LPZ tweeter is built around a stainless steel front plate that forms an acoustic chamber directly in front of the lightweight diaphragm. The phase correcting microfoil equalises sound wave path lengths whilst generating a symmetrical pressure environment so the tweeter operate in a balanced linear mode. The D7 mid-bass drive unit has an advanced EP77 polymer cone, whilst the low frequency drive unit uses a bonded Kevlar composite.
The latest fifth generation Spendor Linear Flow port features a twin-venturi, tapered baffle element working in harmony with Spendor's proven dynamic damping, asymmetric bracing and rigid plinth mountings.
- Fifth generation 'linear flow', twin venturi port
- New Spendor 18cm drive unit with advanced polymer cone
- New Spendor LPZ phase-correcting tweeter
- High grade crossover network with gold conductors
- Silver plated pure copper internal cables throughout
- Recessed high quality alloy binding posts on the rear
- Spendor 'dynamic damping' to minimise cabinet resonances
- High rigidity stabiliser plate system for solid floor mounting
- Premium lacquer and standard veneer finishes available.
- Description: 2.5-way floor standing loudspeaker
- Enclosure type: Spendor linear flow reflex with dynamic damping
- HF drive unit: Spendor 22mm LPZ with fluid cooling
- MF / LF drive unit: Spendor 180mm ep77 cone
- LF drive unit: Spendor 180mm Kevlar composite cone
- Sensitivity: 90dB for 1 watt at 1 metre
- Crossover point: 900 Hz, 3.2 kHz
- Typical in-room response: 29 Hz to 25 kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal
- Power handling: 200 watts unclipped programme
- Terminals: Single pair of recessed precision binding posts
- Cabinet (HxWxD): 950mm x 192mm x 320mm (excluding spikes)
- Standard finishes: Black ash, cherry, light oak, dark walnut
- Premium finishes: Rosewood, Spendor dark, Spendor white
- Weight: 21 kg each