WBT-0110 Nextgen RCA Connectors
WBT has continued to produce connectors specifically for the high-end audio industry for over 20 years. The product line has expanded to include functionally unique features that truly elevate them to the top. WBT products are very popular with audio cable and equipment manufacturers worldwide and can be found as standard equipment on many well respected brands.
The WBT range of audio connectors are well proven to offer superb sound quality when connected to even the most basic cables; step up the cable quality and the results can be astonishing.
The WBT-0110Cu RCA connector is a signal conductor made of fine silver and, as the name suggests, sports the revolutionary nextgen™ connector - a new generation of higher- performance plug connections from WBT. The cable has true 75-ohm characteristic impedance, which means that these plugs not only transmit superb analogue signals but also outstanding digital audio and video signals. The transmission bandwidth is 1 GHz.
Eddy currents occur in metal components close to where alternating currents flow. These currents can result in major signal distortions. The WBT-0110Cu is designed in such a way that eddy currents do not occur.
The contact elements of the plug are made of high-purity copper, with nickel-free gold-plating to ensure high signal transmission and prevent oxidation and impairment to the contact.
The clamping mechanism, which works in the same way as the chuck device in a drill, firmly clamps the outer contact against the RCA socket. The high clamping pressure not only guarantees a secure connection but also minimises transition resistance. The pressure wedge between the contact and the sleeve is made of plastic, which means that the sleeve is completely insulated and cannot influence the signal. In addition, any size variation in the outer contact of a socket is compensated for, thereby ensuring a perfect fit.
The clamping sleeve is designed with two sections so that the front section moves freely as the rear section is turned. This eliminates the risk of torsional strain on the contact elements. The central pin is slotted and ideally formed thereby giving a firm yet elastic contact that ensures lasting and reliable electrical connection with absolutely minimal transition resistance.
The central contact element can be removed to facilitate cable soldering.
A Torx screw provides reliable cable strain relief.
Cable diameter: up to 9 mm
The main features of the WBT-0110Cu/Ag connector are:-
- High-purity copper contacts with nickel-free, 24k gold-plating, or Passivated pure fine silver contacts, depending on model chosen
- The body is constructed of Ultramid®, while the negative contact uses Dyneon™.
- The barrel is comprised of Al/Mg alloy for improved rejection of EMI.
- With a characteristic impedance of 75 ohms, the WBT-0110 makes the perfect match for digital audio and video.
- The maximum size conductor that can be used is 1.5mm² / 16-17 AWG. Maximum diameter of cable with dielectric is 9mm² / 0.354 inches².
- Connector body available in nine different colours for multichannel identification. The barrel is offered in cobalt blue only.