Available in black or silver
Pro-Ject Head Box S Dedicated Headphone Amplifier. With the Head Box S the engineers at Pro-Ject have created an elevation in clean amplification of audio from Hi-Fi equipment. This third revision of Pro-Ject's acclaimed Head Box headphone amplifier series achieves outstanding sound in a compact metal package with even less distortion and better signal to noise ratio than its predecessor, the Head Box MK II.
Its heavy metal enclosure and protected power supply shields the internal electronics from vibrational and electromagnetic interference caused by stereo equipment attaining clean and undiluted audio. The sound from the Head Box S is distinctly warmer with less brittle high frequencies than its forerunners.
The Head Box S features a pair of RCA inputs that can be used to listen to music from any source, including iPod, MP3 players, laptops, Mac or PC or any Hi-Fi stereo source. Small enough to fit almost anywhere, the Head Box S is a perfect match for other Pro-Ject Box components, the smallest Hi-Fi elements available.
- Revision of acclaimed Head Box headphone amplifier series
- Less distortion and better signal to noise ratio than Head Box MK II
- Small size perfect match for other Pro-Ject Box components
- Drives any low to medium impedance headphone (between 30 and 300 ohms)
- Metal case shields the circuitry from vibration and electromagnetic interference
- Gold plated RCA phono jacks
- Protected outboard power supply included
- Stereo line in via 2 x gold-plated phono/RCA inputs
Hi-Fi News Appraises Pro-Ject Head Box S with Outstanding Product Award
"Familiar high quality 'reference' recordings showed bags of detail as well, despite the Pro-Ject's subjectively smooth tonal balance. Immediately noticeable is a comfortable, easy-going nature to the sound."
- Power output: 330mW/30ohms, 60mW/300ohms
- Headphone connection: > 30ohms
- Signal to noise: 95dB (112dB - A weighted) at full output
- Frequency response: 30Hz - 20kHz @ -0,05dB (10Hz - 120kHz @ -1dB)
- THD (IMD): 0,003% (0,002%)
- Gain: 11dB
- Headphone jack3-pole: 6.35mm, co-axial jack
- Line-level output: 1 pair RCA/phono sockets
- Outboard power supply: 18V/500mA DC, suitable for your country's mains supply
- Power consumption: 18V/100mA DC
- Dimensions: W x H x D (D with sockets)103 x 36 x 104 mm
- Weight: 600g without power supply