Parasound Halo Integrated 2.1 Channel Amplifier with DAC - Black - B Grade - Summer Sale!
Minor mark on top. As new with accessories.
It's cutting-edge DAC decodes 384kHz PCM and DSD using the latest ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC.
When Parasound embarked on the Halo integrated amplifier project back in 2011 they had to re-think what a modern integrated amplifier should be. Guided by their 34 year reputation for delivering the most 'bang for the buck' in high end audio - they did just that!
They chose the best sounding parts and included the most current and useful features to bring you a superior integrated amp with the same performance as their highly acclaimed HALO separates. Their acclaimed P5 inspired its preamp stage and advanced feature set, while its power amp stage employs the same John Curl circuit topology found in the legendary Class A/AB A21 and A23.
The HALO integrated features a plethora of features. Firstly the HALO integrated allows for balanced (XLR) inputs and outputs alongside un-balanced (Phono) connections. The amplifier also has designated 2.1 outputs (both balanced and un-balanced) with individual cross-over controls for optimum flexibility, as well as a home theatre (or home cinema depending on where you hail from) bypass inputs for subtle integration into multichannel systems.
Digital inputs into the class leading DAC are a merry threesome of optical, coaxial and also a dedicated USB connection, meaning that the digital world and formats are brilliantly catered for. The analogue world is reassuringly catered for as well with the inclusion of very flexible phono input with adaptable settings that cater for both MM or MC platforms. Internally the benefits of all this connectivity is coupled with an oversize toroidal transfomer - which help the amplifier deliver.
The HALO integrated also features clever connectivity for power options - especially for those with a custom installation inclination - with 12v trigger inputs, which disables the front power button, so it is ideal for high end installations where control system integration could be required, and sticky fingers are not!
The HALO integrated is finished to Parasound's exacting standards and build quality as well, and a look across the front panel will leave you in no doubt that it is a creature born from a stable of noble distinction. The front panel also leads us to a dedicated headphone input - which leads internally to a dedicated high current headphone amplifier, which coupled with a high quality mini jack auxilliary input means that the you can indulge the benefits of great sound from headphones and mobile devices.
Demo the new Parasound HALO integrated and you'll understand why its the only choice!
- Latest generation ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
- Asynchronous USB 2.0 supports PCM up to 384kHz/32-bit
- Native and DoP DSD decoding (Drivers for ASIO or WASAPI)
- Coax and optical accept PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Analogue bass management with high & low pass crossovers
- Home theatre bypass input for surround sound integration
- Front panel subwoofer level control
- Dedicated high current headphone amplifier (TI TPA6120)
- Phono input for MM & MC with 100 Ω or 47k Ω load
- Front panel Aux input with automatic +12 dB gain stage
- 5 pairs RCA line level Analog inputs
- 1 pair XLR balanced Analog input
- Balanced XLR and RCA left and right preamp outputs
- 1 balanced XLR and 2 RCA subwoofer outputs
- Bass & treble controls with relay bypass from remote or front panel
- Rear panel IR input and IR loop output jacks
- 12 Volt input and output to triggers
- Premium motor-driven Alps potentiometer volume control
- Back-lit remote control with discrete buttons
- 0.5w standby power consumption meets Energy Star & EU specs
- 160 Watts x 2 @ 8 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven)
- 240 Watts x 2 @ 4 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven)
- Power amp circuit topology designed by legendary John Curl
- Direct amplifier input to bypass preamp section
- High bias class A/AB operation
- Oversized shielded toroid power transformer
- Dual-mono power supply and power amplifier
- 40,000uF power supply filter capacitance
- Matched JFET input stages and MOSFET driver stages
- 12 high voltage/high current bipolar output transistors
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker binding posts
- Over temp and short circuit relay protection