Graham Slee Solo Studio Reference Green with upgrade PSU1 Power Supply + Sennheiser HD650 Headphones
Monitor Class Headphone Amplifier + Superb Headphones to match
Graham Slee Solo Studio Reference Green (SRG) with linear PSU1 power supply. A monitor class headphone amplifier with two line inputs for use with high quality dynamic stereo headphones.
Important Note: This is the Solo SRG/PSU1 model, which comes supplied with a high quality, linear PSU1 power supply.
If you are looking to drive your high end headphones with an amplifier capable of breathing life into your audio source then the Graham Slee Solo is the perfect partner. The PSU1 Solo model comes with a high quality linear power supply custom made by Graham Slee, with components carefully chosen to provide the cleanest power signal possible to the Solo amplifier.
The Graham Slee Solo headphone amplifier is the choice of recording studios and video editing suites for one very important reason - the Solo headphone amplifier makes it easy to hear the editing cues. These are musical cues that are part of the performance, but they happen so quickly that some lesser headphone amplifiers make the editing suite's job very difficult indeed.
The wide-bandwidth performance of the Solo headphone amplifier reproduces music with the highest resolution. Coupled with its excellent dynamics, the Solo headphone amplifier is the obvious choice for the professional user.
Graham Slee Solo SRG/PSU1 Features
- Two line level stereo inputs via gold plated phono sockets
- Front panel source selector switch with "mute" position featuring gold "dry-switching" contacts
- High resolution volume control accurate in any position
- Auto-adjusting output to any headphone impedance
- Power in reserve for inefficient headphones
- Excellent bass extension
- Short circuit protection
Graham Slee Solo SRG/PSU1 Reviews
EnjoyTheMusic.com - Blue Note Headphone Amplifier Award - review by Phil Gold:
"The strengths of the Solo Headphone Amplifier are in the extra high frequency extension, a superb transient response and an unsurpassed dynamic range. Percussion, flutes and bells all have an extra sparkle that breathes life in to the music"
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision - Ultimate Guide - 5 of 5 stars:
"...the Solo Headphone Amplifier delivers a rich and insightful sound that puts a magnifying glass on every aspect of a recording... most of all it will communicate exactly what the artist intended - the music..."
"This unassuming little box delivers a double wammy of breathtaking resolution and gripping dynamics"
"Verdict: If you are serious about headphones go and have a listen to the Solo - and be prepared to buy it there and then"
Graham Slee Solo SRG/PSU1 Specification
- Headphone impedance range: 8 to 2000 Ohms
- Output driving impedance: 120 Ohms
- Rated output: +14.5dBV rms into 600 Ohm load
- Short circuit duration: continuous
- Distortion THD+N: 0.02% @ 1 kHz *
- Frequency response: 12Hz to 150 kHz (-1dB) *
- Output noise: -88dB (A) / -82dB (CCIR Quasi-peak 20Hz-20kHz) *
- Input sensitivity: 346mV rms (-7dB) for rated output
- Gain: 22.5dB into 600 Ohm load
- Mains power supply input: 240V / 50hz
- Amp Supply voltage: 24V DC (nominal) 90mA (max.)
- Size (approx.): W: 107 x H: 50 x D: 185 (mm) inc. controls
Sennheiser HD650 Headphones Absolutely stunning. The audiophile HD 650 is the ultimate in open, dynamic headphone design. Developed from the award-winning HD 600, the HD 650s feature improved materials for even better sound reproduction. They captivate the listener with their expressiveness and emotion while maintaining absolute precision and lifelike reproduction. Enjoy sound in perfection!
* Systems with narrow tolerances (± 1 dB), hand-picked in pairs
* Highly optimised magnet systems for minimum harmonic and intermodulation distortion
* High-quality titanium/silver finish
* A specially developed damping element, made from fine acoustic metal mesh, ensures a precise damping over the entire diaphragm surface, highly constant in all climates.
* Specially modulated connecting cable (detachable) made from highly conductive OFC copper, Kevlar-reinforced, with very low handling noise, i.e. low structure-borne sound sensitivity
* Extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils ensure excellent transient response
* Gold plated ¼” jack plug with adaptor lead to 3.5 mm jack plug
* 2-year warranty
Put Both of these fantastic products together and you get the combination Sennheiser use to demonstrate their headphones at various shows all over the country. Save money when you buy both of these items together.