Furutech Alpha Design Labs GT40α DAC With Phonostage
The GT40α built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on their computer hard drives. It’s a high performance 24bits/192kHz USB DAC that’s amazingly affordable. Looking to convert your LPs or other analog sources to digital? The GT40α will take you to the podium with every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40α features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 24bits/192kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40α includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favorite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40α features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category.
The ADL GT40α (wired with ADL’s Formula 2 cable of course!) brings Furutech’s signature sound -- smooth, detailed clarity -- to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24bits/192kHz files, but even 16-bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
- High performance 24bits/192kHz “VIA VT1736 “USB chip and 24bits/192kHz “Cirrus Logic CS4270” DAC /ADC chip
- Enjoy audio in high resolution at 24bits/192kHz surpassing conventional 16bit/44.1KHz standards
- Incorporates the most trusted driver in professional audio for 24bits/192kHz recording and playback
- External power supply: while a USB-powered device might be convenient, it won’t develop the power required for high resolution playback, so we designed the GT40α with an external power supply to solve the problem.
- Headphone Amplifier: It contains a high performance “Maxim MAX9722A” headphone amplifier with ample drive for good headphones
- Analog-to-Digital Converter: The GT40α sports a high-performance ADC IC chip for high resolution recordings via analog inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analog signals.
- Convenient Clip signal Toggle switch for Recording Attenuation: Adjust the recording attenuation to avoid any distortion during recording: 0dB, 6 dB, or 12dB (RecAtt/db signal light comes on when input level exceeds circuit Gain).
- Phono Preamplifier: A first for this class, the GT40α features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
- Highest Quality Parts: The GT40α features a high quality amplifier and condenser supporting its high performance analog circuit (NJM5532 OPAMP： for ADC,DAC,Line in and out and NJM2068 OPAMP： for Phono )
- High End Audio Grade Connections: The GT40α is equipped with gold-plated Teflon-insulated RCA jacks with an extremely high quality aluminum chassis and machined volume knob
USB & Analog Playback and Record multimedia audio system
Connectivity: USB B Interface, Analog input/output RCA jack
USB Playback Resolution : 24bits/192kHz (Max)
USB Recording Resolution: 24bits/192kHz (Max) supports 44.1 /48 /88.2 /96 /176.4 /192 (kHz)
Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (+/-0.5 dB)
SN ratio: >90dB (A-wtd) / Line Output
Line Output Level: 5 Vrms
Line Input Level: MC 0.4mV / MM 4.0mV / Line 2Vrms
Headphone Output Level: 1% THD 1kHz (Max.)
94mW(16 ohm),110mW(32 ohm), 98.6mW (56 ohm), 23mW (300 ohm)
Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating: Erp step2 compliant, 2Wire AC Input Type, Class II, AC/DC Switching Adaptor output DC 15V / 0.8A / 12W
Dimensions: 150 (W) x 111 (D) x 57 (H) mm
Weight: 650g Approx.
GT40a Windows driver supports Win XP, Win 7 and Win 8 (not Win Vista)
The original version GT40 is not compatible with MAC El Capitan OS (10.11). The GT40a is compatible with MAC El Capitan OS (10.11).
The load (Input Impedance) for the ADL GT40α is fixed at 47K ohm for MM and 100 ohm for MC
Input Sensitivity Level for MM: 4.0mVrms at 1K Hz
Input Sensitivity Level for MC: 0.4mVrms at 1K Hz
Input Sensitivity Level for LINE: 400mVrms at 1K Hz
Maximum Input Level for LINE: 2Vrms at 1K Hz
MC input to LINE output (Vol./Max.) => 70dB @ 1K Hz ,( +/-1dB)
MM input to LINE output (Vol./Max.) => 50dB @ 1K Hz ,( +/-1dB)
LINE input to LINE output (Vol./Max.) => 8dB @ 1K Hz ,( +/-1dB)
GT40α has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones.
We recommend using 16 ohm to 300 ohm impedance headphones.