Naim NAP 300 DR Power Amplifier and Power Supply
Many years of research went into the NAP 500, as fundamentally new components and technologies had to be perfected before Naim could raise the performance level for power amplifiers. Many of these technical developments, along with the elegant new styling have been applied to the mighty NAP 300.
These two new technologies, combined with other small improvements to layout and componentry, mean the NAP 300 DR can produce even more of the fundamental musical pace, rhythm and timing that made the originals so popular with music lovers.
Like the flagship Naim NAP 500, the NAP 300 is a stereo two-chassis amplifier, one box containing the audio amplifier and the second housing the power supply. Improved earthing arrangements have resulted in an entirely new circuit topology built on a very high quality, anti-resonance main audio circuit board. The NAP 300 uses the same 007 transistors that were custom-designed for the NAP 500. These outstanding components each provide up to 80 Amps and 350 Watts, negating the need to use parallel pairs of transistors (which always has a negative effect on sound). Additional 007 transistors are used in the fully regulated power supply, ensuring the very best performance.
Anti-vibration, resonance-controlling feet serve to protect the sensitive internal components from resonance and microphonic vibration.
A variable speed, virtually noiseless cooling fan is mounted on a large internal heat sink providing long-term stability and the ability to swing a massive 500 VA on transients. The NAP 300 is stable into any load and able to drive a 2-Ohm load for long periods of time.
The Naim NAP 300 delivers immense power without sacrificing any speed or agility to provide awe-inspiring levels of detail, ambient information and musicality.
- 90W per channel output into 8 ohms; capable of prolonged output into 2 ohms with no discernible impact on performance
- Two-box configuration (300 PS power supply included) minimises electromagnetic interference
- High-power Naim Audio DR (Discrete Regulator) technology and NA009 output transistors as used in flagship Statement NAP S1 power amplifier
- Analogue Input: 2 x XLR
- Input Impedance: 18kΩ
- Gain: +29dB
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 2Hz and 70kHz
- Minimum Load Impedance: 2Ω
- Speaker Outputs: L & R, 4mm “banana” sockets
- Power Output: 90W/channel, 8Ω
- Transient: 500VA
- Mains Supply: 100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
- Power Supply Options: 300PS
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 87 x 432 x 314 mm (excl. 300PS)
- Shipping Dimensions: 240 x 590 x 500 mm (excl. 300PS)
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 kg (excl. 300PS)
- Supplied with 300PS, Burndy
- Front: Brushed and black anodised
- Case: Black powder coated