Chord Electronics SPM 650 Stereo Power Amplifier
Please Note: This product is not available for online purchase (click and collect only). Please call or e-mail us for a demonstration or to make an order
- Available in Black or Silver
We can offer customers wishing to upgrade their existing Chord equipment generous trade in allowances. Other manufacturers equipment is also considered.
Introducing our new entry level power amplifier the SPM650. With our considerable experience in the design and manufacture of the world's best consumer and professional amplifiers, this latest design of power amplifier utilises our high frequency power supply techniques and our own proprietary lateral structure dual-die MOSFETs. The SPM650 retains the clarity and style of our larger amplifiers but in a more compact case.
The SPM 650 is a full width design capable of driving low impedance loudspeakers, and delivers 130 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms or 170 watts rms per channel into 4 ohms. The dynamics of the SPM 650 will indeed bring you closer to the music.
A high current mains filter ensures that the amplifier is shielded from disturbed mains as well as ensuring that the mains is untouched by emissions from the amplifier. The output from the power supply uses a truly innovative “Dynamic Coupling” technique whereby the positive and negative rails are mutually coupled by a strong magnetic flux. The result being that if a high demand is put on one rail, the energy required is actually drawn equally from both rails. This keeps the amplifier balanced dynamically and the reference point perfectly clean. Magnetic current sensors provide electronic shutdown.
The SPM 650 comes fully loaded with both balanced and single input connections and gold plated speaker binding posts to accept both spade or banana cable connections.
Machined from solid aluminium the SPM650 has a superb rigid construction that gives unsurpassed vibration damping with stunning looks to match.
- Power Output: 130W RMS @ 0.05% distortion into 8 ohms, 170W RMS into 4 ohms, 200W RMS into 2 ohms
- Frequency Response: -1dB, 0.2Hz to 39KHz, -3dB, 0.1Hz to 75KHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Better than -103dB 'A' weighted two thirds power
- Channel Separation: Better than 95dB
- Pre-Amplifier Input Connection: 2 x Gold-Plated, fully balanced XLR sockets. 2 x Gold-Plated custom phono sockets, unbalanced.
- Input Impedance: 100k ohms. Unbalanced/Balanced
- Output Connections: 4 x 4mm Gold-Plated binding posts (1 pair Black, 1 pair Red)
- Gain: 30dB
- Dimensions: 420mm x 355mm x 88mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 10kg