Audio Technica VM610MONO Dual MM Stereo Cartridge
Mono LP model with a conical bonded stylus in the body dedicated to monaural sound. Specialised internal wiring allows for reduced surface noise and stable sound reproduction.
DUAL MOVING MAGNET STEREO CARTRIDGE
Using an ultra-lightweight stylus tip ground to a high level of precision, we have achieved a combination of low distortion rate with fuller frequency reproduction during playback. This stylus tip extracts every possible piece of information from the grooves on a record.
AUDIO-TECHNICA’S INTERNATIONALLY-PATENTED DUAL MAGNET DESIGN REPLICATES THE STRUCTURE OF THE CUTTER HEAD.
Instead of using a single, large magnet, the two magnets are arranged in the shape of a "V". The two magnets are positioned precisely to match the positions of the left and right channels in the stereo groove walls. Consequently, the VM design ensures outstanding channel separation, extended frequency response and superb tracking.
Para-toroidal generating system
Para-toroidal coils improve generating efficiency and offers superb linearity, since leakage of magnetic flux in this continuous and unitised magnetic circuit is low. Permeability of the cores is also optimised through the use of laminated cores.
Centre shield plate reduces crosstalk
A permalloy centre shield plate enables the effective separation of left and right channels, suppressing electrical crosstalk to below 40dB. This is similar to the actual crosstalk value found in the grooves of the record itself.
- Conical Bonded stylus for less critical tilt angle adjustment allowing more flexible use on various tonearms
- VM type dual magnet design ensures outstanding channel separation, extended frequency response and superb tracking
- Lightweight aluminium cantilever allows for faithful reading of the record groove
- Mono body terminating left and right channels reduces surface noise
- Durable low resonance polymer housing.