To ensure a cartridge reproduces an accurate transcription of the record groove, the cartridge components must be rigidly mounted to the tonearm, whilst simultaneously allowing the tiniest movements of the diamond stylus to be transmitted, via the cantilever, tothe sensing coils. The Legacy boasts an ultra low resonance magnesium metal body which is both very light and extremely strong.
For convenience and rigidity, it has threaded inserts allowing the cartridge to be easily mounted and accurately aligned into theheadshell. The stylus is a very low mass 'Vital' fine line diamond, which is highly polished and gives extremely low distortion. To maintain rigidity, this is attached to a hard alloy cantilever which transfers the maximum level of detail from the diamond to thecoils; the latter are hand wound using only the highest purity copper. To achieve the optimum compliance required to deliver asmooth, extended frequency response, the stylus damper is formed from a bespoke rubber mixture. Lastly, a precision, rare earth, Neodymium iron boron magnet helps deliver outstanding dynamics.
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 22kHz +/-3dB
- Channel balance: 1dB max. at 1kHz
- Channel separation: 25dB min. at 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 0.25mV ± 1dB @ 1kHz
- Static compliance: 16mm/N Vertical tracking angle: 20°
- Stylus radius: Vital fine line
- Stylus type: Non-replaceable
- Load resistance: 100Ohm
- Load capacitance: 100 - 1000pF Internal
- inductance: 3 μH
- Internal resistance: 7ohms
- Cartridge weight: 8g
- Fixing centres: 0.5in (12.7mm)
- Playing weight: 1.5g - 2.Og (1.75g nom)