Abyss AB - 1266 Audiophile Reference Headphones
Please note that this 'Lite' version is the exact same headphone as in the full AB-1266 package, minus the heavy leather carry case, the JPS Labs dual balanced 3 pin XLR cables and matching Y-adaptors and the Abyss headphone stand. Purchase the full AB-1266 Headphone set as a complete package if you seek any of these cool accessories; they are not sold separately.
MADE IN THE USA
"depth to music never experienced before"
Abyss Headphones came about from the need for a superior way to listen to music. From the very first note you will hear musicians and instruments in a whole new way. Voices appear out of nowhere and float in between your ears.
Piano is in front of you to the left, singers in the center of your forehead while drums are slightly forward of them. No electronic tricks, simply the natural sounds of the recording coming through striking emotional chords, that's Abyss.
Rigid chassis consisting of left/right side frames and structural adjustable two piece headband. All components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) utilizing our very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Amazing bandwidth and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs. No rear magnet structure typical of planar designs eliminates annoying reflections from behind allowing for a completely open sound. Matched driver pairs.
Unique breathable aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Unique adjustability allows for varying head shapes.
Padded leather headband with head movement isolation, Abyss embroidered logo.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- All main components permanently laser engraved for traceability and collectability.
- High quality anodized finish with bare aluminium accents.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
- Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
- Weight: 660 grams (without cable)