Abyss AB - 1266 Audiophile Reference Headphones (Deluxe)
Made in the USA
"depth to music never experienced before"
Abyss Headphones came about from the need for a superior way to listen to music. From the very first note you will hear musicians and instruments in a whole new way. Voices appear out of nowhere and float in between your ears.
Piano is in front of you to the left, singers in the center of your forehead while drums are slightly forward of them. No electronic tricks, simply the natural sounds of the recording coming through striking emotional chords, that's Abyss.
Rigid chassis consisting of left/right side frames and structural adjustable two piece headband. All components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) utilizing our very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Amazing bandwidth and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs. No rear magnet structure typical of planar designs eliminates annoying reflections from behind allowing for a completely open sound. Matched driver pairs.
Unique breathable aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Unique adjustability allows for varying head shapes.
Padded leather headband with head movement isolation, Abyss embroidered logo.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Dual balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) XLR cable set, and both 1/4" (6.3 mm) and 4 pin XLR cable Y-adaptors, custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss. Internal wiring also by JPS Labs.
- Heavy leather man bag style carry case with extra room and pockets for a portable amp/DAC and an iPad for a completely portable high resolution playback system.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- Heavy aluminium headphone stand laser engraved with the Abyss logo for easy storage and always ready to play.
- All main components permanently laser engraved for traceability and collectability.
- High quality anodized finish with bare aluminium accents.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
- Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
- Weight: 660 grams (without cable)